Tuesday, April 26, 2005

rude

Last weekend, I was with friends. We went out to grab a breather.

Since I wanted to "drink socially", we decided to go to a bar we visited before. Manila can be a small world for yuppies who want to paint the town pink or orange(depends on your favorite color). Anyways, as I was on my way to get a refill of my favorite alcoholic drink, a guy smiled at me and asked me if I remembered him. He continued by saying that he met a friend of mine before and that we were introduced to each other. He smiled afterwards.

I don't know what got into me. "Oh yeah, I remember, you're the one with the horrible teeth." was the thing that immediately came out of my mouth. It came out like "word vomit". As I went back to my friends, I told them about what happened. I realized that I was lucky to be 6 feet tall. Otherwise, the guy could have punched me or slapped me. I swear, I could still see his face when the word vomit happened. I so wanted to take it back and say something like, "Oh yeah, I remember, you're the guy with the large d*ck but had horrible teeth", then things would have been better.

If you are curious about the guy's reaction, well, let's just say that he will never talk to me again no matter what happens.

In a related matter, I was able to chat with one of my "Ex's". Anyways, there was a point when I asked the worldly question: "If you were to describe me in one word, what word would that be?". The answer came in a few seconds and in all caps--"RUDE". Just a backgrounder, we were in a relationship for more than three years so this bothers me a lot.

I guess I can be rude to people without me knowing. I am not rude intentionally. I am just trying to be honest most of the times and this is what I get for being honest, an "Ex" calling me rude? Since when did the virtue of honesty become a pre-requisite for being rude or mean?

Kidding aside, I should be more careful next time or always have a friend beside me when I talk to people I really don't know that well so that I could be stopped from word vomit happening again.

Disclaimer: The author is not in anyway interjecting that he has perfect teeth. The author is also not suggesting in anyway that he is totally attractive.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous told me...

Bad news (or good eye-opener?) for the guy with bad teeth.

about the "rude" description... text na lang kita.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares